A Liddle About Lydi

Hello all!

    For those of you who don't know me, my name is Alydia. I also go by Lydi (Liddi), that's what my family and friends call me (I am so blessed to have both). I'm new to blogging, as I am with most social media and technology. I guess I just never fully embraced it, unlike the rest of my generation. I will be 29 in just a couple weeks and man, do I feel old. I remember I was freshly 21 years old, sitting in a classroom at OSU, listening to a man introduce himself. "I'm so and so, and I'm 28...," he said, and I thought, "wow, he's old to be in school!" Now, here I am. Exactly where he was. Funny how life works out. This is humbling for me, to be back in school. It's made me realize just how different we all are. Different stories. Different futures. Different time-lines. No two exactly alike. And how cool is that? Variety is the spice of life, if we were all the same, how boring would that be?! There is no rush, contrary to what the rest of the world might say, to figure out yourself and what you want out of life. Take your time. 

And this is what I'm doing. Figuring myself out. I transferred my credits from years ago and I'm currently in my second term at LBCC, earning a second associates in Business Administration. Although this is a required course, I am excited to see what I can learn and how to apply it to my future career. I'm interested to see how it will help build my confidence and maybe show me how to market myself. We all have a unique story, things that set us apart from others. Learning what these things are and how to present them I believe is key to "marketing" ourselves in a competitive job market place. 

This is something I'm passionate about; creating a life for myself. I've had a, for lack of a better world, weird life. Mostly good, some very bad, but weird life. I finally feel like it's my time to grow, change and make something happen! There are other things that I'm passionate about like: the relationships I have with God, family and my friends, doing my job to the best of my abilities, and loving people (being a light in the world). I wouldn't say these are passions, rather things I enjoy: cooking, baking, music, movies, beer/wine tasting, playing cards/board games, reading, cleaning (I know, I'm a weirdo LOL). All kinds of things, I guess. Anyway, I really appreciate you taking the time to read this and I hope you liked getting to know me a "liddle" better ;). 

 

Photos as follows: 

My mom, sister and I searching for our Christmas tree, it's one of our very favorite things to do during the Holiday season. 

My sisters and I with one of our best friends (and a cat, of course) taking a goofy picture with my dad's original sign for our family's business. 



      



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Listening" Tea Kettle

Chevy's Holiday Ride Restoring Emotion